How to Use the Citrix Receiver Clean Up Utility
Sometimes if you re-install or update the Citrix Receiver you might experience strange behaviour. In that case we recommend to manually uninstall the Citrix Receiver by using the Citrix Receiver Clean Up Utility that you can download on this page.
To do so follow these simple steps:
- Download the Clean Up Utility by using the button above.
- Uninstall Citrix Receiver or the Citrix Workspace application using the default uninstall procedure:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Select the Citrix Receiver or Workspace app and click uninstall.
- Now run the Citrix Clean Up Utility
- After you have downloaded the ReceiverCleanupUtility.zip file extract or unzip it.
- Run the Citrix clean up utility. A window will appear. Hit any key to continue.
- After it has finished cleaning up hit any key again to close the window.
- Check for the config.xml file and the subfolder /log that was created in the folder the utility ran from. These can be removed.
- Reinstall the Citrix receiver of Workspace app.
The Clean-Up Utility creates a backup of all the Citrix registry keys in the file \reverlogs\regbackup.reg before it rus.
Undo these changes is very straight forward. Just follow these two simple steps:
- Reinstall Receiver for Windows
- Import the regbackup.reg file to restore setting and customizations in the registry.